Since 1958, the Sequoyah Regional Library System has served the citizens of Cherokee, Gilmer, and Pickens Counties. By sharing our resources, the communities served by the system capitalize on economies of scale, resulting in greater effectiveness, improved quality, and access to more services and materials. Our public libraries provide great value to the community and return on investment for taxpayers.
Information Technology Director
Patron Experience Manager
Community Engagement Manager
Web & Graphic Design Manager
Collection Services Director
Goal 1: Outreach & Offsite
Goal 1: Increase outreach efforts to link the library and the community it serves by forming strong connections with organizations and increasing visibility at local activities.
- Establish the position of an Outreach Manager
- Identify opportunities for exposure of library resources and services through outreach activities.
- Increase on-site programming.
- Maximize and increase outreach tools.
Goal 2: Users
Goal 2: Reach community members who do not use the library and increase users in our service population.
- Increase external marketing efforts, identifying new ways to reach non-users.
- Identify services which appeal to non-users.
- Increase borrowers to 40% of our service population.
Goal 3: Gathering Place
Goal 3: Establish the library as a gathering place for all community members.
- Invite entities to join us in our spaces through programming and partnership.
- Streamline the process for outside entities to utilize library space.
- Create library spaces that invite and encourage collaboration and gathering.
Goal 4: Library Stories
Goal 4: Leverage library stories.
- Refine library story feedback process to provide more useful information that can be used in marketing and advocacy.
- Highlight user stories to stakeholders and the community in creative and impactful ways.
- Work with public-facing staff to evaluate strategies to gather impactful patron stories.
Goal 5: Community Growth
Goal 5: Align library efforts with the ongoing growth and progress of our community.
- Develop tools to gather feedback from the community.
- Work with professionals to identify growth and potential.
- Establish a personnel plan that supports the dynamic community growth.
- Establish a long term plan, forecasting at least ten years.
Goal 6: Relationship with Local Leaders
Goal 6: Foster active and open communications with local leaders.
- Improve relationships with local funding agencies.
- Maintain an awareness of city and county efforts and programs through establishing regular communication.
- Actively look to identify ways in which the Library could play a role in promoting or facilitating city and county efforts and programs
- Invite local officials to library events and programming.
Events & Programs
Total Check Outs
WELCOME | ABOUT SRLS | NEWS | BOARD OF TRUSTEES | CLOSINGS | POLICIES | COMMUNITY INFORMATION | VENDORS |
JOB OPPORTUNITIES | SUPPORT THE LIBRARY | FAQ'S | FRIENDS OF THE LIBRARY | CONTACT | FINES AND FEES | MY ACCOUNT
116 Brown Industrial Parkway Canton, GA 30114 Phone: 770.479.3090
E-VERIFY. EMPLOYER ID #230979, AUTHORIZATION DATE 07/16/09